Hi family and friends!
Thank you so much for the packages and Dear Elder letters. I really appreciate it!
I have learned that the most important thing you can learn is how to talk with your God. The best tips on the process of personal prayer and personal revelation:
- The Spirit only responds by invitation.
- Don't try to force revelation.
- Don't expect revelation for every decision you make.
- Pray daily for the companionship of the Spirit.
- We have the initial responsibility to solve our own problems and then go to the Lord for confirmation.
- God reveals Himself to the prepared.
- Reverence invites revelation
- When you pray, you are praying to the King of Kings-focus!!
- It's not the duration of our prayers, but the depth that matters.
- Ponder before you pray.
- Approach Heavenly Faither with humility.
- Be serious when you ask God for help (real intent).
- When you pray, close out the entire world.
- Be patient with the answers to your prayers.
- This is one of my favorites: The Lord never uses a flood light when a flashlight is sufficent. In other words, expecting the spectacular, one might not be open to the small promptings.
- When the Lord says "yes," he builds our confidence. When He says "no," he prevents us from committing error. When He with holds an answer, it is to beuild faith in Him.
- You know you're receiving revelation when you know it in your heart and mind.
- Come seeking and listening.
- Follow the promptings you receive!!
- Get a journal and write down scriptural impressions. One of the best ways we can learn the language of the Lord is to immerse ourselves in his words.
- If you will ask, you will receive revelation upon revelation!!
Here are a few tips for those who are planning on serving missions:
- You cannot teach that which you do not know. You cannot explain that which you don't understand.
- Are you serving time or serving the Lord?
Lots of love to everyone. I received a quote a couple of weeks ago that I have decided to adopt as a motto for life: "A good man will endure all things to honor Christ." ~Joseph Smith
May we always give our all to futher His work, for Christ surely gave His all for us-He gave His life.
Lots of hugs and loves,