Tuesday, August 20, 2013

ABC - August 20, 2013

こにちわかぞく。
We got some more investigators this week!! Hurray. Sister Lowry and I managed to get three member referrals on Sunday. The Area Book has been a huge blessing. It is one of my favorite tools to use for finding people. So far, my favorite way to find people has been on the densha (train). I love going up to people and striking up a conversation to build their trust. I love having a Japanese last name because it is such a good conversation starter. Then, I love to share a brief message and my testimony of the gospel. Sharing the gospel is a blast!!
  
In Moses 7:62, it says, "And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, ..." "Righteousness" in this scripture can be interpreted as missionaries. "Truth" in this scripture can be interpreted as the Book of Mormon. Right now, I am focusing on using the Book of Mormon as much as possible when I talk to someone about our church. The Book of Mormon is incredible. If you don't have a testimony of this divine book, today is a good day to get one. If you do have a testimony of it, today is a good day to strengthen it. Is the Book of Mormon true? Well, it is either true or it is not. If this book is true, then Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, our Heavenly Father and Savior live, revelation is real, and our church is true. Our entire religion hinges on whether or not the Book of Mormon is true. I know it is true!! I love the wording in Moroni's promise (Moroni 10:3-5). I think it is interesting that it says to ask with a sincere heart and real intent "if these things are not true." I know this is the Lord's work. He is at the head of it. He prepares people in His own time, and in His own way. When we true understand the importance of aligning our will with His, we will see miracles!!
Remember, it's as easy as ABC: Always Be Consecrated.
このきょかいはしんじつだとしています。
愛しています、
山内姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment