Thursday, August 1, 2013

Geographically Divided, But Spiritually United‏- July 31, 2013

I can hardly believe this is my last P-Day here at the MTC?! What an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience, it has been.
 
I have a few sayings that I have acquired while at the MTC that I hope will help those who read:
  1. When everything says you can't, believe in the part that says you can.
  2. It's not who you aren't, it's who you are-and being yourself is being great.
  3. Don't be your own worst friend, be your own best friend.
  4. Sometimes the most important thing you can give is yourself.
  5. Your family is everything-give them your time.
  6. It's often life's small moments that bring the greatest memories. Don't let the magic pass you by.
  7. The people in your heart can't hear what's in your heart. Let them hear what's in your heart.
  8. There are two types of people in this world: Those who are acted upon and those who act.
  9. Never make excuses in any church calling. It is your calling. And callings are seldomly convenient.
This is one of my favorite scriptures. Exodus 4:10-12: "And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto they servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with they mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say." I think, too often, we underestimate our own abilities. The Lord trusts us when we continually try to do our very best. Believe that!
Every day, I ask the Lord to do whatever He needs to in order to use me as an effective tool to build His kingdom. May we all try a little harder to do what the Lord wants us to do. To say what the Lord wants us to say. And to be who the Lord wants us to be. I know that God lives. I know it. I know that Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw. I know that, by the power of God, he translated the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon. It is true. There is no way that Joseph Smith would give his life and the life of others away for any old book. He would not do that! The Book of Mormon answers the questions of the soul. This book is power!! I know that the Atonement is at the center of our religion. I love the Atonement more and more each day. I have not seen, but I believe. I know it! I live it! I love it! May we all continually focus on our responsibility to build the Lord's kingdom. We cannot do it without the members help. Please help the missionaries who serve in your area. Trust me, they need your help.
 
I love you all sooooo very much.
 
Keep smiling Ü
Yamauchi Shimai 

No comments:

Post a Comment