Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!! - August 12, 2013

Ahhhhhhh!!! I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!! Wow, Japan is THE BEST!!
 
My companion's name is Sister Lowry and she is so beautiful. I really love her. We are working hard together and continue to strengthen our relationship every day. We are white washing into Kasukabe, which means that we pretty much opening a new area. It's definitely been a little tougher to get started, but I am completely confident that we can get the Lord's work booming here!
 
When we got to Kasukabe by train, we had an hour to prepare for a lesson that had previously been set up by a member. Her name is Yamazaki Shimai and she is so amazing. She is 60 years old has two adorable children who she loves so much. Her husband is a scuba diver. I don't really know the details, but some how two of his scuba diving friends died and her husband was responsible for their death. He had to pay a lot of money and so she lives in a very little apartment now. She is still married to her husband, but she doesn't know where he is and doesn't communicate with him. Yamazaki Shimai said her husband took her son with him, so she doesn't know where her son is either. She loves her daughter and likes the idea of being together, forever with her. She knows that what we teach is true because she has prayed about it, however, she doesn't want to be baptized. She also works at a zoo on Sunday, so getting her to commit to church has been a struggle. We are going to visit her in another hour as a surprise visit. Apparently she loves surprise visits.
 
Church this week was incredible. For the most part, I had a difficult time picking out what they were talking about, but I really felt the Spirit.  The Elders that are in the area with us had a man come to church with them. In our Sunday School lesson, the teacher talked about the steps of repentance and why it is such a crucial part of this gospel. I loved watching how this investigator reacted. He was so mentally involved in the lesson and really brought the spirit into our meeting by participating. At the end of the lesson, he made some comments and asked if he could say the prayer. Wowza! I felt so much power as he said that he really felt something good and he knew that he needed to repent, even though he had a lot to repent of and that it was going to be hard. He really wants to get baptized and asked God to help him in his prayer. What a tender mercy of the Lord. Going to church is a revelatory experience. We have an incredible bishop. His name is Abbe Bishopu. We also have an incredible ward mission leader (Dendo Shunin). His name is Ushi Kyodai. They have been helping us find less active members to teach and helping us set up mogi's with the ward members. There are a lot of couples in our ward who have gone on missions. I'm really excited to get to know them and work with them more.
 
This week I have come to realize the significance of goal setting.
  1. Where there is no vision, the people perish.
  2. No dream, no goal. No goal, no plans. No plans, no actions. No actions, no results. No results, no growth. No growth, no happiness.
  3. When you don't set goals, you live far below your privileges.
  4. A goal not written is only a dream.
  5. Setting goals is an incredible act of faith. You cannot visible see it, but you know that you can achieve it.
  6. "I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principle of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
  7. Without goals, we really can't reach our full potential.
Thank you all soooo much for your love and support. Missionaries really cannot do near as much without the members help. Please help the missionaries in your area. Trust me, they need help! I love being a missionary. I love it, I love it, I love it!! I know that God lives and loves us. I know that He calls us to be in certain areas at specific times in our lives to touch the lives of those we meet. Every day, we ought to believe that. There are no accidents. I still remember the last video I watched before going to the MTC. It was the Lorax. The eternal significance I took from that video has affected my missionary life every day. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole lot, things aren't going to get better, they're just not.
 
Ai Shiteru,
Yamauchi Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment