Tuesday, September 10, 2013

And the Work Moves Onward and Upward‏ - September 10, 2013



Sorry I am one day late. Hopefully I didn't worry you too much. I forgot to tell you that once every transfer we go to the Tokyo temple. Apparently they usually go on Tuesday. So, once every transfer, if we go to the temple, we do missionary work on Monday and then go to the temple as part of our P-Day on Tuesday.

FUN FACTS ABOUT JAPAN
1. Every time the garbage truck goes by, I think of ice cream. In Japan, the garbage truck plays a jolly song like you would hear from an ice cream truck in America.
2. The mailmen in Japan ride on motorcycles.

Just wanted to let you know that I felt an earthquake for the very first time yesterday. I honestly don't think I would have noticed it if Lowry Shimai hadn't pointed it out. I've decided the reason that I don't feel earthquakes ever is because I wiggle my legs to much when I'm sitting down. ;)

Greetings from Kasukabe, Japan!!

I hope you can take a moment from your daily activities and enjoy a bit of my adventures in the land of Japan this past week.

The work in Kasukabe is fantastic! We have been EXTREMELY busy this past week with appointments and such. Our ward is THE GREATEST. Gaining the ward's trust is such a huge part of missionary work. Too often we think of missionary work as bringing those who are not of our religion into the waters of baptism. This is huge, don't get me wrong, but we are also called to strengthen Zion. One of the best ways we do that is by strengthening the ward in which we serve. It has been such a delight to visit members’ homes and strengthen their testimonies.

I had the opportunity to attend the Tokyo temple for the first time today!! It was so incredibly wonderful.  When I think of these people who we will help come closer to Christ, I see them going much farther than the waters of baptism. I see them going to the temple!!!

Miracle of the week: About half way through sacrament meeting on Sunday, a family of three walked in and sat down. After Sacrament Meeting, I went as quick as I could to greet them. They have only been in Kasukabe for three months, are Philippian, and speak English!! They run a family business here. There are the most beautiful family and I could not be happier. I asked them how they heard about our church. They said that they were walking by and just decided to come in. What a miracle!!!! We are going to meet with the daughter (Sandy) on Saturday.

I love the gospel!! I love missionary work!!! I believe I've said it before, and I'll say it again: God doesn't NEED us to do this work,. He could do it Himself. God LETS us do this work and allows us to experience a little bit of what He experienced/is still experiencing. The path our Savior took during his earthy ministry was not an easy one. How great was His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross of calvary. But, now, how great is His joy when one of His children uses the Atonement and follows Him. So it is in part with us: We may be rejected by the world and we may be hurt by the choices of others...but how worth it when just one out of the many people we talk to comes closer to our Savior.

All my love,
山内姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment