Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Miracles - September 2, 2013

 
Since becoming a missionary, I have prayed so hard to see miracles every day. Although I have seen miracles every day since the start of my mission, this week tops them all thus far. Here are some of the miracles we witnessed this week.

1. We got 4 new investigators!!

2. When we were going back to our apartment last Monday night, I saw a man who was coming down the street in a wheelchair. He looked completely worn out. I told Sister Lowry we ought to stop and help him out. It turns out he still had several blocks to go. His name is Koide. He's probably around 30 years old. We were able to have a lesson with him (the bishop's wife was our doseki). We committed him to baptism and set a date on the very first lesson (October19)!! When we first asked him when he wanted to be baptismed he said, how about tomorrow? He loves religion and was really excited to read the Book of Mormon. He is very busy with work right now and could not come to church today. He doesn't have a cell phone, but we have his friend's cell phone number. We can't wait to meet with him again. Miracles often occur when we're not looking for them. I am so thankful that the Lord is watching over Sister Lowry and I. I know He is walking beside us, leading us to His prepared people every day.

3. Sister Lowry and I were able to participate in Ogaki-san's baptism on Sunday. I sang "I Feel my Savior's Love." While singing, I was so humbled to look out at all of our Kasukabe ward faces and feel the love the Savior has for each of them. What a wonderful feeling! After the baptism, he shared his testimony with us. He said that he had a feeling of joy more than he had ever had before. He said words can't describe it. He is just soooo unbelievable happy. What a wonderful thing it is to witness God changing a heart. I love missionary work!! The church is soooo true!
 
Love you all so much!!
山内姉妹
 
Fun Facts about Japan
 
1. You can't go anywhere in Japan without seeing an umbrella. Everyone carries umbrellas here like you would a cell phone in America. It seemed a little strange to me...until this week. Japan rain is completely different from American rain.The last couple of days it has been raining like crazy here. We actually got a typhoon today!! I have never heard thunder hit so hard and so loud before in my entire life.  Typically, in America, the rain picks up gradually. Not in Japan. When the rain hits, it hits HARD! I love rain here!!!!
2. The students in Japan where school uniforms. We love dendoing (missionary work) with people who are our age, and the uniforms are so convenient for us because it makes them easy to pick out of the crowd.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment