Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Transfer #2 - September 17, 2013

 
In Japan, missionaries have the opportunity to teach free English classes to those who are interested. It is a wonderful service and finding opportunity.

 Sister Lowry and I have made history in Kasukabe. We set up the first Kid's Eikaiwa class!! It has been successful thus far. Here are a few of our cute students.


 
Every Wednesday night from 7-8:30, we teach English class. We typically have around 15 students. Last week, we went out to dinner with a few of them and shared a message with them. P.S. I have now officially eaten squid legs and fish eggs.


Happy September 16 from Kasukabe, Japan!!

Sister Lowry and I thought it would be fun to write each other's families. So, here she is...

"Hey guess what? This is Sister Yamauchi's companion, Sister Lowry! Before she starts writing all of you I just wanted to write a quick not and let you know how awesome I think she is. She's one of the hardest working missionaries I've ever met. She does what needs to be done, even when it's really hard to do. I know she's going to go far on her mission. She's already such a good missionary, that it's really hard to believe that she's only been through one transfer. I'm so blessed to have her as a companion. I've learned so much from her! Thank you for teaching her so much. I can tell that she loves you all so much!"

So, this morning, we got transfer calls!! I feel like getting the transfer call is like getting a mission call all over again. Sister Lowry and I are going to stay in Kasukabe for another transfer. Our zone actually didn't change that much.

This week has been super busy and I have loved every minute of it. We have been fortunate to teach several lessons.

The Saints in Japan are so dedicated. There is a lady in our ward who is absolutely amazing, however, I'm very worried about her. She was baptized in February and has five young children. She has been married twice and it hasn't worked out either of those two times. It is very difficult, as you can imagine, for her to come to church. When she sees families who are strong, she has a really hard time. Some of her children are very reluctant to come to church, and it makes it hard for her to enjoy church at all because she's trying to keep them quiet for everyone else. Recently, she feels like Satan is going to win this war. Luckily, the ward is very supportive, but I'm still so worried about her. She is thinking about moving to Tokyo to be closer to her parents so that thay can help her out. However, if she moves from this ward, I'm afraid she might go inactive. I talked to her last Sunday about family history work and she was excited about that. We are getting her in contact with the ward family history consultant. I also wrote her a note of encouragement on Sunday morning and gave it to her at church. I hope and pray for her all the time.

I love Preach My Gospel. I could study that inspired book for years only to find that I've only scratched the surface of the doctrines and principles it contains. Chapter 6: Christ-like Attributes, is one of my favorite chapters. At the beginning of every week, I choose one of the Christ-like Attributes to study and work on. Charity is my favorite attribute. Don't get me wrong, the other one's are super important and we've got to develop all of them, but there is something about charity that pierces my heart. I think one of the main purposes of this life is to develop charity, for without charity, we are nothing. The message we have to share with others is a message of charity. We get to tell other people that they are loved. We get to help others remember that they are children of God. What a priviledge it is!

Now is the time to catch the vision of missionary work if you haven't caught it yet. You don't need to wear a badge to share the gospel. If we give our heart to the Load, He will put a missionary badge in your heart. We need EVERYBODY'S help as we continue to go on in so great a cause. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true! I know it, I live it, I love it!

愛しています、
山内姉妹


I thought you might like a few recipes that are easy, require only a few ingredients, and super delicious.

Hot CoCo Cookies

Ingredients:
120g butter,
 50g sugar,
 50g hot chocolate or milo, 130g flour,
 20g chocolate chips (optional)

Instructions:

Preheat oven180 degrees
 Put butter in bowl and stir until creamy
 Add sugar, hot chocolate an d flour together
 Add chocolate chips
 Shape cookies and put on cooking sheet. Cook for 15-18 minutes.
 (Makes about 12 cookies)

The World's Easiest Pancake Batter

Mix one banana with one egg


Enjoy!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment