Wednesday, October 30, 2013

In His Hands - October 28, 2013

 HALLOWEEN 2013

 Sister Lowry and I all dressed up.

  Morishita Shimai as Minney Mouse, Yamauchi Shimai as a cat, and Healy Chourou as Aladdin.
  Ikezawa Shimai's costume is superb isn't it? 

 Haruka-chan and her Mom and Dad

Haruka-chan, the most adorable girl ever. I love her and her family so much. They are part of our Eikaiwa program.


HOW ABOUT THE SIZE OF POTATOES IN JAPAN!

Most Nihonjin, when I tell them I'm from Idaho, know it to be the potato state. Coming from Idaho, it's really weird to see such small potatoes. When I tell Nihonjin how big the potatoes are in Idaho, they can't believe it.
DISTRICT LUNCH






Alooooha family and friends!!
What a gorgeous day it is here in Kasukabe, Japan. The sun is shining with a light breeze and people are smiling. What a beautiful world we live in.
Guess what?!?! Another 6 weeks has past, and you know what that means. This morning during our companion study, we received transfer calls!! Sister Lowry will be going to Yachio. Her companion is Sister Day, who is in my doki (a.k.a. transfer #3). As for myself, I will be staying in Kasukabe. AND...I have been called to train a brand new missionary (don't know her name yet) who will fly into Japan in a couple more days!! I'm really, really excited. I will go to the Honbu (Misison Office) on Thursday to get trained on being a trainer and meet her! Can't wait to tell you about her in next weeks letter. :)
Okay, it's time to tell you this weeks miracle. If there is one skill that should be stressed in missionary work, it is the skill to listen. This past week, we went dropped by Maria Asano's house to teach her. We spent most of the time just listening to her. People want to be heard. When people get to talk about themselves and really notice that someone cares enough about them to listen, your relationship can become so incredibly strong. She started talking about her family, the most precious thing in her life. Sometimes, family life is hard. As she began to tell us some of the things that were closest to her heart, the Spirit filled the room. She started to weep and we about wept with her. She is one of the most incredible people I have ever met in my entire life. I would do anything for her and her family...anything. It is the character of love that is at the heart of missionary work.  She also told us that she knows the Book of Mormon to be true...100% true. What a miracle, desho (right)!?
This week, I have been intrigued with the concept of hands. I have been listening to and learning much for a song called "His Hands." If you haven't heard it, you ought to go listen to it right now if you've got time. Hands do so much. Certain objects in certain people's hands are of different value. A few nails in my hands can make a bird house, but nails in Christ's hands can offer salvation to all mankind, it depends on who's hands it's in. So, but your hands in His hands, because your salvation depends on who's hands it's in. We are in a marathon, running a race blind. We will never be able to finish if we don't put our hands in His. I am His. He gave His life for us and now we ought to be giving our life for Him. I love the scripture found in James 4:10-reach up...let Him lift you. I know that to be true.
I love dendo work!! I don't think I knew that I could love anything so much. My heart has been stretched in ways that I did not know it could stretch. I love my Savior. I love His work. I can't say that enough.
Have a wonderful week everyone and remember how much I love you!
-Yamauchi Shiimai

No comments:

Post a Comment