Monday, December 16, 2013

CAN YOU FEEL IT? IT'S EVERYWHERE!‏ - December 16, 2013




 
 
 My new companion's name is Sister Miyaki! She was born and raised in Hawaii. Both of her parents are Japanese, but they don't speak any Japanese, so she is learning right now. I'm really looking forward to working hard with her this transfer as we bring souls until Christ!


 


KID'S EIKAIWA
 Package from Yayoi Takogawa, a lady that my dad baptized

  Morimoto Shimai, her daughter, and Yoshioka Shimai. They are both members that come to Kid's Eikaiwa. It has been great for them to mingle with those who are not members.These two are the greatest and some of my best friends.

 A few of the parents who are faithful Kid's Eikaiwa attendees. They are the cutest.


I cannot believe how many miracles we have seen this week! There's no way that I'll be able to tell you all the wonderful things that have happened, but I want to mention a few.

1. Sister Suita and I were able to have some really good less-active members. They really loved our message. As we asked them questions that allowed them to share their testimony with us, they were able to rekindle the fire of faith within them. Less-actives are so important!! I love them so much. We were able to set up another time to meet with them and we're also able to commit them to come to church. Remember what it says in PMG...every member of the church needs three things: 1. A friend in the church whom they can rely on. 2. A calling. 3. They must be nourished by the good word of God. It's a pretty simple reciepe, and we as members are so crucial in fulfilling all three of these points. Most less actives become less active because they didn't have one or more of these three things.

2. On Wedesday after Eikaiwa, we had a lesson with the lady that I found during splits in Okegawa last transfer...Reina-san. I love her so very much. It is so powerful to dendo with those who are the same age as you because you have so much in common. She understands the importance of baptism and we were able to commit her to be baptized in January. We are so excited for her decision and she is really excited too!

3. Japanese class has been an excellent opportunity for us to find those who are prepared to hear the gospel. My Japanese teacher has been with me for about three months now. Her name is Tanabe-san, which (for those of you who haven't read my letters thus far) is the maiden name of my Great-Grandma Okamura. We have done some family history together. When she first became my Japanese teacher, she asked me what I wanted to learn about. I told her my purpose and told her I need to be able to share God's message well in Japanese. On the first Japanese lesson several months ago, I was able to share the Plan of Salvation with her. Over the last couple of months, we have become very close friends. This last week during Japanese class, we read from the Book of Mormon (I told her I needed practice reading in Japanese...I'm telling you, Japanese class is such a fabulous tool to spread the gospel). We read 3 Nephi 11. After we finished reading the chapter, we talked for a little while. She said that when she first met with me, she didn't know whether or not she believed in God. However, this last time, she said that she now believes in God and that she thinks about the Plan of Salvation all the time!! She can't wait to get a copy of my paper with the picture of the Plan of Salvation.

4. We were able to meet with one of the Japanese class students on Saturday. Her name is Blanche. She is the sweetest and has a very strong desire to do what is right. She was so excited to meet with us and to visit the church. She wants to become a missionary like us and is taking us next week to meet her friends so that we can talk to them about our message. We were also able to set a baptismal date for her in January. She has a strong desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ!

5. This week I have gained a strong testimony of the power of a trainer. It has been so much fun to watch Suita Shimai with a new missionary. She does things almost exactly like I did them. Her and I always have pillow talk at night. We miss being companions, but are so thankful that we are still in the same apartment. She still tells me that I'm training her. ;) P.S. The new sister in our apartment is from St. George and her name is Sister Davis. She is 23 and had a job as an engineer before she decided to come on a mission. Four people in our apartment is quite the adjustment, but we love each other and are grateful to get to know each other.

6. President Dorff came to our ward this Sunday. He also attended our ward council meeting. He has a lot of dendo fire and I am so thankful for all his love and support. He loves the missionaries and is so passionate about helping others come to Christ. I think he helped our ward out a lot.

These are only a few of the many miracles this week. It has definitely been a week to remember. It has changed others lives as well as my own.
I hope you are all feeling the Savior's love this season and always. It doesn't matter where we are, what time of day it is, or what season of your life it is. Can you feel it? His love is everywhere!
I love the scripture that says. We know that President Monson has called each and every one of us to the great cause of saving souls. a.k.a. God has called us too! He has been calling for this from the beginning, but He is now calling for it more than ever before. Members...our duty in the church is missionary work...that's what being a member of the church is. That's what this church does...missionary work. That is our calling...how great is our calling! I hope you've all remembered the challenge I gave a couple weeks ago. If you haven't quite done it...don't worry, there's still time before Christmas!
Love you!
-山内姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment