Tuesday, January 7, 2014

akemashite/oshogatsu omedetou gozaimasu (Happy New Year) - January 7, 2014

 

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!
JANUARY 2014

Sister Muranaka and us at church

New Year's dinner at Miura Shimai
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord: yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." -Alma 26:16
 
Like Ammon says, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. This email, when read, will probably never do justice for the things that I feel in my heart. This week, along with a new year, has come much change along with many miracles. As a result, I have seen the change and the miracle in myself. There is no way to describe this week in words, nor in speech, nor in thought, but I hope that it gives you strength as you read.

I was so greatful to start of the week cleaning our apartment and then reading the Book of Mormon. Like we are asked to do in PMG, I took action in Moroni's promise to fan the flame of my testimony. It was such an incredible experience for me.

Yesterdays sacrament meeting was probably the greatest sacrament meeting ever. I love testimony meeting. I do not think I have ever felt any feeling so strong as when I got up to share my testimony in sacrament meeting-I know that I felt God's pure love for those around me. It was a truly spiritual experience. Many of my seemingly unanswered prayers were answered in that meeting. What a truly incredibly amazing opportunity we have EVERY WEEK to renew our testimonies. Sacrament meeting is the best!

I have come to love our investigators so much this week. Many of them are going through hard times and need a spiritual doctor. They are so amazing and are a huge influence in my life. Muranaka Shimai is doing well. I want you to meet her so bad! She now has a baptismal date for January 19 and we are so thrilled for her. She is going through a very difficult time in her life right now, but she is fighting so hard and has complete trust that Christ will help her through anything. Please, please pray for her in every prayer that you offer. Also, Sayaka-chan is doing super well. Everyone in the ward has been a huge help in her progression towards her baptismal date.

The Spirit only teaches truth, and he taught me once again this week that this church is, without a question, the only true church of Jesus Christ.
 
There were 31 baptisms in our mission in December!! Wow!!! THAT. IS. ABSOLUTELY. INCREDIBLE. It wouldn't have happened without your prayers, so thank you so much. You know how little children aren't afraid to sit on Santa's lap and tell them what they want for Christmas? Well, we should be afaid to kneel in prayer and offer up the desire of our hearts to our Heavenly Father. I have learned how important it is to be very specific in our prayers. I know that when we unite in prayer and fasting, the Lord will help us! After all that talk, I have two very special requests this week. 1. Please pray for Sister Muranaka to be able to be baptized on January 19. Also pray that she will be able to come to church next Sunday along with her son, William. 2. Pray for Sayaka-chan to be able to strengthen her testimony of the gospel.

I love you all soooooo much. This year I know we will see a huge increase in convert baptisms as we unite as one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment