Monday, February 17, 2014

Break Your Heart - February 17, 2014

Miracles of the week: William was confirmed as a member on Sunday. His blessing was incredible and I know that he has wonderful things in store for his future. Sister Urrichkie got her temple recommend. We are on track to go to the temple with her this transfer! How exciting right!? Kurokawa San came to church. She is an 80 year old, loves to talk, happy woman. She loved church (traveled an hour on her bike to get to church) and she can hardly believe that our church doesn't require a lot of money from the people who attend. She thinks that Christianity is a good way to go, but she has lots of Christian friends she isn't positive which one is right. Please pray for Kurokawa San to accept the baptismal commitment and a baptismal date this week.

Today I wanted to share three thoughts.

1. We ought to ask ourselves this question all the time. What is God doing in your area? Who is God working on now? We have got to pray to have eyes that see. The Lord is performing so many miracles right now. Even if we tried we couldn't catch a part of them. We can't lose! Everything is in our favor! There are so many things we can't see. We've just got to help The Lord out by doing what he wants us to do-aligning our will with His.

Here is the essential mindset:
God is preparing many people in our areas. If we look we will see.
When we see we ask God what to do.
He will tell us.
If we do it He will tell us more.
They will progress.
They will follow Christ's example and get baptized.
He will send us more people to help!

2. God wants us to have a broken heart and a contrite spirit. When I think about the word broken, I think about horses. What does it mean to have a broken heart? Having a broken heart is to submit our will. Let me tell you a little bit about the process of breaking a horse. The goal is to take a wild horse and getting it to submit it's will to the trainer. The way that we break a horse is that we get a round pen. The horse trainer stands in the center of the pen and the horse then enters. Think of your life as the round pen. Here is the process for now breaking the horse: First, get the horse to move it's feet. You want it to go when you say go. Often the horse will try and jump out of the pen or it's going to buck and kick or they'll just get stuck and won't move at all. This is why the first task is to get the horse to move it's feet. You just get it to go. You get it to do the work. To do this the trainer uses a big whip and slaps the ground. Second, you want the horse to give you 2 eyes. Horses' hind legs are powerful and it wants to kick. If the horse is looking you in the eyes it's putting itself in a very vulnerable position. The Lord wants us
to look Him in the eyes. He wants us to kneel in prayer and learn what He wants us to do. Third, you now want the horse to change direction. Will you go where He wants you to go? Will you do what He wants you to do? The horse gets tired. Fourth, give it rest. The trainer gives the horse rest. He removes the bridle and brushes it's hair. There is now a great relationship of trust. The horse learns that the center of the ring is a place of rest. We feel no pressure and we feel rest when we are doing what the Master asks of us. 

With that in mind, now read this scripture.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. (Psalms 23:2). Give up the fight and just submit your will to God. It is the easiest and best way to go. We will all have our imperfections. There is no perfect horse, but as we try our best, I know the Lord will help us.

3. I love the scripture found in John 4. Let's start off with sayings that disciples find Jesus and go to see him.

30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.

31 ¶In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.

32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

What a cool scripture. My meat is to do what God sent me here to do. What is your meat? I think we, as members of the church, too often forget why we are really here on Earth. Think about it for a second. Why are you here? I know that God is not satisfied with just a few of  His children coming home, or even most of them...He wants every single one of us home. We've got to help Him.

I love this. I know that as we recognize the people that God is preparing all around us, allow our hearts to be broken, and desire to fulfill our purpose as servants of God, we will become better tools in the hands of the Savior. 
Paraphrasing C.S. Lewis the Lord says to us: "Give me all. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work: I want You. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man. but to kill it. No half-measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather, I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart." 
SWAT (sealed with a testimony)
山内姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment