Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jesus! - April 6, 2014

 
This is "Spring" who I was telling you about last week. I love her so
soooo much and am sooooo happy for her. She told me that she feels so
wonderful now. She came to Japan hoping to find peace from the
world...and she found it! It may not have been what she expected to
find, but it was what The Lord knew she would find. The Lord had a
very specific plan for her. I am so grateful to be a part of that
plan, even though I was only a pin prick of it. 
In Japanese, Easter is 復活祭 (Fukkatsusai). Fukkatsu means resurrection.
It is a great to tell the world about the meaning of Easter.
 
Greetings to all who have already seen General Conference,
 
I hope you have been inspired and uplifted and even more pumped up
about hastening the work (EXCLAMATION POINT)!
 
Let me tell you about some of the ways The Lord has hastened his work
in the part of the vineyard that he has called me to labor.
 
Medium white star️We met a lady named Inaga san housing a few weeks ago on splits. She
was about as low as it gets. She would barely talk to us, but always
listened very carefully to what we had to say and then tell us we
could come back and visit her on a specific date. She loved hearing us
sing the hymns. She is 61 years old, and her family doesn't seem to be
very supportive. She is so lonely. In a two week time period, it was
amazing to see the change in her heart. We took her for short walks
and taught her how to pray. It was a complete 180 turn. She came to
church and enjoyed everyone's company and then got to watch a
baptismal service. We have a lot of hope for her. From this
experience, I truly learned the power of a true friend, one who was
always there for her and taught her the gospel.
 
Medium white star️We went to the church for kids English class this Saturday. Upon
arriving, we found a man about 56 years old in front of the church. He
got baptized quite awhile ago. It may have been during the Tokyo
express, though I can't be sure. His name is Katayama san. He told us
his story, which was nothing short of a miracle. Soon after getting
baptized, he made the choice not to attend church any more, but
continued friendship with one of his senpai who always encouraged him
to go back to church. He faithfully wrote Katayama san letters for
years quoting scriptures and giving him inspiration. Recently,
Katayama san has been feeling like someone has been telling him he
better get back to church. Then, there in front of the church, he just
started sobbing. He was so happy we were at the church and he could
tell what was in his heart. He feels the need to repent and change.
The Lord has been working on his heart...through a good friend. How
cool is that?
 
Medium white star️To be children of God implies that there is an unbreakable bond
between us. Children of God take care of each other, watch out for
each other, comfort each other, and are there for each other through
thick and thin. The Lord has said, “I say unto you, be one; and if ye
are not one ye are not mine."
 
Medium white star️I love missionary work! I know that God is working on every single
persons heart to receive the gospel. This has become one of my
favorite scriptures, "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son
of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his
people, that they might have everlasting life." This is what I'm
giving Christ for his birthday...and it will be a birthday present
that never ends because I will never stop. I know that which the Lord
hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I
glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my
glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to
bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. My dear family and
friends, I know that this is the work of God the Eternal Father. It is
the greatest movement in all the world today. There isn’t an honest
man or an honest woman in this world, who really loves the Lord, who
wouldn’t join this church if they would take time to find out what it
is and would ask God the Eternal Father, who will not mislead them.
 
Love one excited to see General Conference this coming weekend Winking face
山内姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment