Monday, April 14, 2014

素晴らしいな洗足池(Super Senzokuike)‏ - April 14, 2014

Sister MacArthur and Sister Yamauchi


We just finished zone pday in a super beautiful park next to Shibuya.
We had a good time. Played some basketball, took some pictures, saw
lots of gaijin (foreigners). Can I just tell you how weird it is to
see American people anymore.



Konbanwa from Nihon!!
Wasn't conference the best ever?! My favorite talk...ALL OF THEM!! But
seriously, wow, what a revelation packed weekend). I decided I should
probably follow up with everyone on this commitment made by Elder
Ballard, "To help you in this process, I invite all members,
regardless of your current calling or level of activity in the Church,
to obtain a copy of Preach My Gospel. It is available through our
distribution centers and also online. The online version can be read
or downloaded at no cost. It is a guidebook for missionary work--which
means it is a guidebook for all of us. Read it, study it, and then
apply what you learn to help you understand how to bring souls to
Christ through invitation and follow-up. As President Thomas S. Monson
has said, “Now is the time for members and missionaries to come
together, to work together, to labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring
souls unto Him.” I hope you are reading it. 
We also had transfer calls this morning. After staying in Kasukabe for
7 months of my mission, you could probably say that I really didn't
have any doubt that I was staying here in Senzokuike. Sister MacArthur
is too. This transfer has been a wonderful one. On Kasukabe, me and
Sister Lowry opened up a new area. Senzokuike wasn't a new area, but
we did whitewash, meaning that both of us are new to the area. At the
start of this transfer, we had no investigators at all, but that had
changed dramatically with the Lord's help. There are sooooo many
prepared people it's incredible.

Let me take you through just a few of the thousands of miracles in our week.
I am so grateful for every second that I have to serve The Lord. Every
single second, after all, we only have four minutes, right? Oh how I
enjoyed conference and the message it brought to the hearts of
everyone, individually. One of our investigators said that the words
really entered her heart. Cool miracle, right?! I know that we are led
by living prophets and apostles today. We had a general conference
miracle weekend. Two of our investigators brought friends with them to
watch. It helped me realize that it's not just the missionaries and
the members that can bring friends to church, but our investigators as
well!

Saoshin san is an investigator that we met through Japanese class. She
is an angel. She is so willing to listen to our message and wants to
come to church and improve. Her mom is really sick right now, so your
prayers would be greatly appreciated. Please also pray for Saoshin san
to be able to receive baptism along with her friend Oo san. 
Usually as sister training leader, I go on about one exchange per
week. This week I went on two exchanges. One of the exchanges is what
I call the Kagi (key) story. It was nearing the end of the day and we
were about to go visit a less active by bike. I always keep my bike
key in the same place. However, this particular day, it wasn't in my
bag pocket. I had no idea where it could be. We searched for a little
bit, prayed, and even tried unpicking the bike with a bobby pin.
Nothing was working, so we decided to go finding near our apartment
and the first person that we talked to was a Jehovah Witness. She
isn't very strong in her faith right now and would love to talk about
our church. We ended up setting an appointment for this Sunday. Then,
about 10 minutes later, we ran into another lady who said that she
would love to meet when she has time. The last lady we ran into
actually lives close to the Shibuya Sisters' apartment! Her family
comes from a Christian background, but she doesn't have a religion
right now. She is pregnant and we told her our message could help her
raise her child. She will be meeting with the Shibuya Sisters' soon.
When we got back into the apartment for the night, I knew where my key
was. It was incredible! We did what The Lord needed us to and then He
answered my prayer. This is the Lords work! We go where HE wants us to
go. We say what HE wants us to go. We be what HE wants us to be.
One more huge miracle that I'm so excited to share! We have a member
in our ward with ten kids. She is what I define as a truly devoted
daughter of God. Some of her children are less active, but she remains
strong and loves helping the missionaries. Her son is 10 years
old, but has not received baptism yet. Her son is less active, but her
grandson, Riyuya kun, has started coming to church a little bit.
During the lesson, it just hit me really hard how wonderful the
teaching situation was-when you have a member who cares more than
anything about the investigator, her grandson. We set a baptismal date
on the first lesson and he just kept saying that he wants to get
baptized so badly after the lesson. Please pray for him to be
baptized. Then, during the Saturday session of General Conference, we
learned that Elder Scott had the same type of situation-a grandmother
who cared enough to ensure that he got baptized. I wouldn't be
surprised if Riyuya kun turned out to be a wonderful leader like him
someday. Smiling face with smiling eyes 

I love this poem: 
 My father rules the Heavens,
 My mother is a Queen,
 My brother is a Champion they call the King of Kings,
 I am born of Royal Birth, it courses through my veins,
 What will I be called, the story still remains.

We are all children of a Heavenly Father and all have some seriously
extreme potential.

Let me end with a favorite quote. "Dear friends, you are in the midst
of an exhilarating journey. In some ways, you are racing down the
half-pipe or sled track, and it can be challenging to perform each
element or navigate each turn along the way. But remember, you’ve
prepared for this for millennia. This is your moment to perform. This
is your four minutes! The time is now!" I don't know about you, but I
plan on spending all four of my minutes serving the God that gave me
life. 
 Hugs and loves to all of God's precious children, 
山内姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment