Tuesday, June 24, 2014


We had a really fun eikaiwa party this past week. I posted this one on
Facebook of everyone smiling so you can go on Facebook and like it if
you want. I would send you the fun face one. Eikaiwa, just love
everyone so much. Sometimes I have to ask myself why in the world some
of them aren't members. Some of them spend more time in the church
every week than the members!

I went on splits this week in Shibuya, one of the biggest, busiest
places in the whole world. We taught Yuko. She is the cutiest. It
wasn't the first time I taught her, but cause I taught her last
transfer on splits as well. She has been an investigator since last
year. She likes to call all the missionaries by their shita no namae,
so that was a little weird at the start, but whatever floats her boat.
He is a wonderful studier and I know that when she finally makes the
commitment to be baptized, she will stick to it. I know she will
someday, it's just a matter of time. Love her sooo much.
 We had a wonderful Zone Conference this past week. One of my favorite things that President Budge talked about is this slide. It's so simple and yet so powerful. God has a treasure chest for each one of us. It is beyond the price of anything. However, there is a lock on it, which represents death, sin, and weaknesses. Everyone has a lock on their chest. The way that we open it, of course, is by using a key. That hey is the atonement and it was provided for us. Our job then, is to act by picking up the key and unlocking the lock. We do so by following Christ with faith in him, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I also got to teach at the conference about the importance of teaching prayer to those without Christian backgrounds. Sometimes is seems like a no brainer to us, but it is so important that they understand this principle. Prayer is power!

 Thank you all for your prayers, I am soooo grateful. Ryuuya kuns
baptism will be this coming Sunday at 7:30 in the morning. Sasuga
Nihon. They love getting up early. We are way excited. So thankful for
the members help. Missionaries really just can't do that much with
pout the members. And members can't do that much without he
missionaries.
 
June 23, 2014 
Hello all! I love you sooo much and hope you are enjoying every second of life as much as me. That might be hard to do, but maybe if you become a missionary, you will know what I mean. I don't have a whole lot of time, but I just wanted to tell you some of things that I have learned as a leader this week. 
A successful missionary culture is based off of four principles. 
OBEDIENCE
This is my favorite. I am a big fan of obedience. I even stress the importance of being over obedient. We should have a Zero Tolerance Policy for Disobedience. God has high expectations for us, expect more from your zone members. Do not be afraid of correcting! Teach these new missionaries the culture.
DILIGENCE
­ What does it mean to be diligent in the work of the Lord? Diligence isn't so much a demand for hours as it is for a realization of whose work this really is.

KNOWLEDGE/TEACHING
­In order to teach, you need the knowledge. ­Teaching to non­Christians is different.

­We should begin with “Who is God?”, not the restoration in most cases
­So that we can teach effectively, we must want to be constantly seeking to increase our knowledge.
ATTITUDE
­“Don’t walk as if you rule the world, walk as if you know who rules the world. That’s called attitude”
­Are you aware of whose work this is?
­“It’s your attitude, not your aptitude, that will determine your altitude.”
­Attitude reflects leadership.

­If you have attitude of faith, it will be reflected in the lives of those you are leading.

­The mission will NEVER rise above the leaders
This is something that Elder Manes told President Budge that I really like. The best you can hope for the mission to achieve is the highest the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders are achieving.
That's all the time I have for today folks. Love you all the most!


Love,
Sister Yamauchi

No comments:

Post a Comment