Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Goodbye to the BEST Year and a Half Ever! - December 15, 2014





















Where in the world has the last year and half gone. I feel like I have
been living a dream. A dream that, in one way or another, has to come
to an end. I sure don't feel like I am at the end of anything,
I always tell my investigators that testing out our message is like
testing about a favorite food. If you don't try it, you'll never know
if you like it. I have always wanted to go on a mission and knew it
would be something I would love, but I never knew how much I would
love it until I actually did it. Boy, am I ever grateful that I did.
Up to this point in my life, there has been no other thing I have done
better.
Let me give you a little run down of my week. It won't be super long
because I have tons of things to do today.
This week I went to my last Zone Meeting. It was so sad. I translated as
always (hopefully not for my last time...I love translating). Got to
train on my experience I had at Meji shrine. As I did the training, my
heart just burst with a love for the Japanese culture. I have always
loved it. It is what I am made of.
Met with Louie Agui san. She is sooooo great, although she has a lot
in life to get cleaned up. She has one of the best hearts ever. We
were able to set a baptismal date with her. Looking forward to hearing
about her progression. Also looking forward to hearing about Hasegawa
sans progression towards baptism. That lady is one of the most
interesting, sweet things ever.
My recent converts here in Koga are doing so well. You know, there are
so many things that happen on a mission and there is no way that I am
going to be able to remember everything, but one thing is for sure, I
will never forget those who I helped lead to the waters of baptism.
Who got closer to God.
On that note, right before I go home, I will be staying at the mission
home for about a couple days and not everyone has time, but I was able
to set up time to meet with Urrichkie and Ryuuya kun before before I
go home. I am waaaayyyyy pumped to see them. I also get to meet with
some investigators and less actives. There are 28 missionaries leaving
my mission this week!! Yikes! I think there are 21 new missionaries
coming in.
Ah, it is so painful to leave the thing that I love most. I am really
having a hard time. Leaving home was only for a year and a half and I
knew that I would come back soon, so it wasn't hard. However, when I
leave Japan, I don't know when I will come back and many of the people
that are so dear to my heart I will not likely see again in this life.
Nakajima Shimai is sooooo sad. I am going to have the hardest time
ever leaving her I think. I promised to write her often. She will me
to. She told me she will come to America for General Conference and we
can talk again then. She tells me over the phone all the time that she
is saving money and has already checked into a visa. What a cutie. She
is literally my family member. There has got to be some way that we
are related blood wise.
The hardest thing ever will be to take off my name tag. Oh, how I dread
that day. It makes me tear up thinking about it.
I love my mission. I know that God lives and loves me personally. But
not just that. He loves everyone personally. Jesus is the Savior of
everyone I meet. Through His saving grace, I will have the chance to
meet again with those that I so dearly love. I know that the Book of
Mormon is true. I know that if we do not have charity, we really are
nothing. I have learned more about charity than anything else. It is
one of my most prized possessions. I love this work. It isn't over, not
for me. I am forever Sister Yamauchi. Forever a representative of my
Savior, Jesus Christ. For Christmas this year, I would love more than
anything else to give him yet another year and half of my life. No,
make that my entire life. For through Him, I am living. And through
Him, I will yet live again for all eternity.
See you all soon!
Much Love (no wait)...Much Charity,
山内姉妹Heavy black heart

No comments:

Post a Comment